Monday, January 26, 2009

My Casio Exilim is Dead.

I'm not big on cameras. And I'm not big on taking pictures. Well let me rephrase that. I don't like people taking pictures of me. I don't know where that came from either. Since childhood I've always had a thing about people trying to take pictures of my being. LOL. It just bugs the shit out of me. I think it may have something to do with an Indian myth I heard as a kid. You know...The one about them not taking pictures because the soul would be captured in the photo. If you didn't already know, I have a very vivid imagination. And hearing that as a kid...Well lets just say my mind ran amuck with it. Deep down I think I knew your soul couldn't be captured by a photo. But I have this WHAT-IF FACTOR that hangs above my head 24/7. So I've always been a bit weary of letting people take photos of me.

About a year and a half ago I decided to invest in a point and shoot camera because I wanted to start blogging. I wanted to start capturing the great moments I was having in my life because as we all know, memories don't live like pictures do. So I decided to take the first step in getting over this "thing" I have and I decided to purchase a camera. My girlfriend at the time, ex-girlfriend in the present, had a red Casio Exilim that she totted around town everywhere. Snapping any and everything she could. She was definitely getting her moneys worth. And she seemed to enjoy it. ALOT!!! Almost too much. I won't even tell you what she was trying to do with it. As I said before, I'm not big on taking pictures. And she wanted me to be an exhibitionist. UH...NO!!! Anyway...back to what I was saying...Me, not being in the know and savvy in camera technology, I decided to be a copycat and purchase the same camera. Except I got my camera in black. Side note: Everything gadget I purchase has to be spy tailored. LOL. I figured for my first camera I'd keep it simple and sweet. No need for me to be Ken Goto on my first go round. I told myself I'd slowly elevate to a mastery level. Even if it took me a life time. So I bought the camera at Radio Shack took it home and I was in love with. It's a great little camera. The easiest point and shoot I've ever put my grubby paws on. It's the size of a small wallet so you never feel like you're lugging around a camera from the 1950's or something. So I started to understand why she loved her camera so much. I brought it with me everywhere until the day my camera's heart gave out. So until I replace the battery my camera is out of commission. And it sucks because this blog is going to suffer from lack of personal pictures. Man this $#!+ really sucks!!! I need my camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment