Monday, January 26, 2009

Mike Giant Interview.

Everyone who truly knows me and has sat down and had a descent conversation with me knows I love street art. From the extravagant murals you see by some of my favorite street artist (Reyes, Revok, Saber, Augor, Giant, Apex, Asek/Sulen, etc.), to the hilarious bathroom stall quotes/jokes you see scribbled all throughout the mission district and beyond. "And if you don't know now you know" - Notorious B.I.G. I have a fetish for letters and beautiful penmanship. What can I say!?! Anyway...I was browsing around Fecalface.com when I ran across an interview with one of my favorite artist of all time. And not because he has the dopest graf characters in the history of man either. But because his artistic skills far surpass my very own. The simplicity but intricate drawings blow my mind. And it's not like I'm a great artist anyway. I'm descent, but my skills can deinitely be improved. I'm not even going to get into why I'm mad at Mike Giant right now...But let's just say I still want my damn tat and he's not budging so...I'm stuck with a regular old tattoo artist. And Grimes booked out for years so...I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to getting my first tat. Well here's some of his work you can feast your eyes on.





Check out his interview here.

Mike Giants Website

No comments:

Post a Comment