Friday, January 23, 2009

The Imaginary Circus.

Well...HERE I AM!!! Creating the very first post for my new project...The Imaginary Circus!!! This new project is my attempt at creating a masterfully designed portfolio. And I painfully say that this project is long over due. Just a little background on my mental situation...I'm plagued with the life debilitating disease of PROCRASTINATION. And to make matters worse I'm VERY critical of the work I produce. So with those two crippling powers combined...I've made life a living hell for myself the past few years as a Designer. This entire project is basically me, Saalik, grabbing myself by the boot straps and hoisting myself up to a higher plain of THINKING and DOING. Which means I'm pretty much done sleeping on myself. I'm seriously tired of getting by in life on my good looks and luck of draw. It's time for me to get serious with my career and future as a designer. The last portfolio I attempted to complete was about a year and a half ago. I began the project full of vigor yelling, "FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!". But after about a week or so I just ran out of juice. I couldn't bring myself to finish it because I didn't think it was good enough. And I overwhelmed myself with the thoughts of adding work to it and all the pages I'd have to create. Instead of doing one thing at a time I tried to do multiple things and in the end I conked out. That and the fact I was just being plan lazy. When it comes to projects for myself I have a hard time completing them. Don't ask me why because I can't give you a straight answer. But when it comes to projects I'm doing for clients and employers, I blaze through them with ease. Well no more of that. From now on it's all about my projects and making myself a better designer. So this first blog rant is proof to myself that I can make things happen if I just put my mind to it.

Truthfully this all feels a bit weird. I've never had an online blog that I can call my own. I currently share a blog with one of my really good friends, M.dot, for our clothing company thIIIrd
. And it's actually a pretty good blog. We post any and everything on that blog that catches our eye. Most of the time it really has nothing to do with fashion. So my main focus in creating this blog is to try and keep it strictly Art oriented. Yeah we'll see how long that'll last. I may stray away every now and then and post something totally left field, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum since this blog will be the focal point for my online portfolio. I don't want potential clients and employers thinking I'm a scum bag...lol. So I'm going to try and keep it professional.

Ok I think that's about it for my first post. I'm going back to editing and customizing this blog. From this day forth I'm going to try my hardest to post something for your enjoyment.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment