Thursday, February 26, 2009

ride the trane.



you know how every once and a while you realize that you make specific references to a certain something?

today i realized that the past couple of posts i've made on this blog just so happened to be song titles to great songs (see my most recent Supreme "a love supreme." and Louis Vuitton "these are a few of my favorite things." posts -- click on song titles to listen to the songs, we HIGHLY suggest it) by legendary Saxophonist, John Coltrane.

influences like those, happen for a reason. especially when your life is so controlled by how music inspires you how Saalik and my own are. music to us is arguably the most important motivational aspect to our everyday agendas. very rarely will you see us without our trusty iPod's as we're on the go, pounding pavement in the crazy city streets.

i remember when my father introduced John Coltrane to me at an early age. as a youngster i tended to stray towards oldies and jazz more than anything, as i felt it was more easier on my ears. to this day, i rather kick back and listen to some smooth jazz and relax -- it's soothing. especially in these tough times that are being transcended on this end.

if you aren't up on John Coltrane, i highly suggest you run over to imeem or hollar at me, and i'll up some classic Coltrane.

No comments:

Post a Comment